We are able to provide housing for three expectant women (no other children). Because we are funded through private donations, there is absolutely no charge for mothers to live at Hannah's House.
Any pregnant woman over the age of 18 may apply for residency. We offer shelter, baby items, and guidance with parenting and living skills. Each mother is required to attend a Christian church service of her choice on Sunday morning, a weekly Bible study, perform chores, observe curfews, sign in and out, and either work, go to school, or serve as a volunteer no less than 20 hours per week up until 4 weeks before delivery and she must resume activities 6 weeks after her child is born.
The period of residency is through pregnancy and up to nine months after birth for women choosing to parent their babies, or up to six weeks for women making an adoption plan.
A completed application from you is necessary, we are not an emergency shelter. We also require proof of pregnancy, a Drug of Abuse Panel (completed by your physician), and notarized letter of liability. Please click on the links below to download the application packet.
When you have completed the packet, call to set up an interview. A team will review your application and will make a decision regarding admission. You will be informed of the decision within 3 business days of your interview.
- Must be 18 or older
- Willing to share a home with others and follow home rules
- Willing to work, to continue your education, and/or volunteer (this includes SSI/SSDI recipients)
- Willing to learn living, parenting, and employment skills
- Willing to attend counseling with counselor of choice on a regular basis
- Willing to learn more about how Jesus can change lives
- Must complete application process including drug/alcohol test
Resident Intake Packet (click on the links below to download files)
Other places to find help